Welcome to spiritual soundbites. They are little joy shot drinks for thirsty souls. Tiny morsels for hungry hearts. Small thoughts to ponder on. Spiritual snacks for the busy and time deprived. Because small is beautiful, right?
As I mentioned in my previous post, this month has been about paring away excess and giving you less quantity to read, while maintaining quality. If it proves to be popular then it might become a regular feature here. Please feedback your thoughts!
God has been dropping a few spiritual soundbites (succinct, short sentences and phrases) into my thoughts as I’ve been working on the October Soul Snippets series. So I thought I would share a few with you here. Who knows, they might just become a new series of their own.
I’m not pretending to have startlingly fresh insights. But I am hoping and praying that seeing some simple spiritual truths wrapped up in a fresh way might provide a small soul shot jolt to make you think and encourage you in your walk with God as well.
Here are the first five for you to read, reflect on and share if you would like to.
1) As we surrender our lives to God, He wraps us around with grace and love.
2) When the enemy puts you to the test, lean closer on God and press into his best.
3) Don’t let shame defile you, allow God’s Name to define you.
4) Be a friend, a fervent prayer and burden bearer, rather than a loose-tongued, sharp soul slayer.
5) In the autumn of our days, may our lives not be defiled by regret, bitterness, resentment or rage, but circumscribed by kindness, joy, gratitude and grace.
Before you go, have you missed this?
I hope you have been blessed, inspired and encouraged by these spiritual soundbites.
PS: Are you an email subscriber? If so, then look out for my exclusive content, encouraging autumnal newsletter dropping softly into your inbox this week.